Saturday, February 19, 2005

Random Topics Squared

300,000 is the new estimate of deaths from the tsunami.

Sometimes a good thing is too good: Tuesday's temperature of 54 degrees makes this weather now (low of 8, windy and snow) harder to take...and it looks like a mess here on Sunday/Monday.

Things are not always linear: Allie (one of our cats) is scared to go out of "her room". Lately she has been inching into other rooms, then Thursday AM she was all over the house....Global Warming MAY be another example if Penn State researchers are correct....

I finished ristening to the Perfect Mile. It was close to the perfect book and an early challenger for a top five spot for 2005! I think I will risten to Gregg Easterbrook's Progress Paradox next, but I am not 100% sure yet. I have until tomorrow. :)

Million Dollar Baby is a great movie--I do not want to say any more. Go see it! Napoleon Dynamite is hilarious! I watched it twice this week (both times it started after 1:00 AM)

I was asked recently why I hate it when people repeat themselves, but can listen to the same music over and over again (especially at the gym). My best explanation is that most of the time music is something I am listening to while doing something else and hence I want something that I am familiar with, gets me moving, and something I do not need to concentrate on. When I am listening to someone talk, I am concentrating (or trying to) and repetition gets annoying.

Did you know? The Appalachian Trail got a bit longer this year. It is now 2175 miles.

Surprises of the week:
47-3. That is the number of spoons to forks for the last three times I have dumped (emptied) the dishwaher.

Spring Signs
I saw a V of geese this week :)
Spring Training is starting!
The days are getting longer

Quote of the week
Life is a multi-regression equation with some positive and some negative coefficients--from 610 class on Thursday.

Have a great week!

No comments: