Thursday, December 02, 2004

Why another blog?

"Why another blog? You already have three!"

Good question! Two answers:

1. Because I have had a few (ok, so 2) people tell me that since the FinanceProfessor blog has largely replaced the newsletter format, they have missed seeing what I was reading. So for some time I have planned on doing a "what I am reading/ristening blog.
2. Because the other blogs (FinanceProfessorblog, FinanceClass, and ParkandShop) are all work related. And while I allow myself some flexibilty on all of them, I do feel somewhat guilty as many people do not want to read about things other than the stated purpose of the blog.

So this is that opportunity for me to showcase things outside of academia and grocery stores. It is not finance-oriented per se, but obviously will have much finance content. Moreover, it will give me (and by extension you) more flexibility to just "hang-out".

Any topic of interest is fair game. Some of which you might find fascinating, and some things you may find boring.

If I were to do it on the financeprofessorblog, I would feel bad. However, on here, that is what you should expect. So it is really just a way that I can keep in touch with many of you. And BY all means, feel free/obligated to post comments or send me things you want to include.

So this desire to stay in contact, coupled with the fact that I like to write (helps me to organize my thoughts), and is good for archival purposes, I decided to start yet another blog.

Hang on, here we go

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mater sum et scribo litteras Latinas o unas veces letras en espanol or from time to time in meows. . . At any rate, this is my favorite blog, so keep writing! The quotes are also very good and from extremely citable sources! . . .Vale!