Sunday, July 02, 2006

And I thought I was crazy

Wow. 51 marathons in 51 days. And Good Luck!

Vicksburg Post
"Thompson went to the Mississippi Gulf Coast immediately after the storm to help with cleanup efforts, and has been there since. Most days, he supervises a crew of about 100 volunteers from the First Presbyterian Church in Bay St. Louis. As the work slowly progressed, Thompson thought the 󈬢 in 50 in 50” idea - he'll also run in Washington, D.C., upping the total to 51 marathons - would provide a good fundraiser for relief efforts.

Setting up a fundraising organization proved too difficult to do, however, so Thompson is running the marathons to raise awareness for Katrina victims.

“Like somebody told me, I had the idea and now I had the cause, so I better get busy,” he said. “It was too hard to get everything in place (for fundraising). I am officially raising awareness for the Mississippi Coast. People need to realize things are not fixed down there.”"

No comments: