Friday, July 15, 2005

Meditate on this, it can extend your life

That meditation (and I would add yoga) lowers blood pressure really shuold be no surprise. I am continually amazed at how much more relaxed I feel after yoga (and conversely how tight I feel if I miss a few days.
Meditate on this, it can extend your life
"New research published in the American Journal of Cardiology indicates that meditation may not only reduce stress, but may also help adults with high blood pressure to live longer."

Now I am not as convinced of the degree that this works, but the study reports:

"Overall, men and women who practiced transcendental meditation not only had lower blood pressures than those in the other groups, but were also 23 percent less likely to die from any cause, Schneider and his team report. In particular, they were 30 percent less likely to die from cardiovascular disease and 49 percent less likely to die from cancer."

wow. Those are big numbers!

No comments: