Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Miscellany January 2, 2006

Short Bits:

* It was about 80 degrees this afternoon. The fog has lifted.
* Jen went back today.
* Also went to Ocean Springs today. What a cool town. Wish I had seen it under better conditions. The downtown reminds me of a warm Ellicotville.
* Handson got a huge infusion of new volunteers. CSFB and a groupd from Tennessee.
* Dinner was spaghetti cooked by Alfred State.
* Alfred State deserves a special mention. The job they did today was amazing. Not only did they help with the Humane Society, they cooked, cleaned-up, oh and donated $8,600 to Handson! This is their THIRD trip. WAY TO GO!!!!!
* tomorrow is Humane Society in the AM and then readying a home on Nixon Street for gutting. I really had hoped to do mold abatement or at lest gutting this trip, but alas, it does not appear likely.
* The people here continue to overwhelm me on all levels. Most are nice, friendly, hard working, great conversationalists, and just all around nice people.
* I wish I could stay longer. I am already dreading leaving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Ocean Springs was/is beautiful.

Thanks so much for all the work you guys have done. I see your volunteers all the time at the Pub down the road from my house, just relaxing and shooting pool after a hard day. We really appreciate your help. Biloxi would be lost without the volunteers.