Friday, January 06, 2006

No real blog entry today...

I made it home after a long delay (3+ hours) in Detroit wherethey found engine problems while pulling away from the gate. I am glad they found them then and not in a few more minutes!. I actually did a blog for the day (in fact I wrote on paper several on planes), but for some reason I can not get the file to upload off the disk, so I will wait and do it in the morning. Hopefully I will also be putting pictures online soon. But getting about 3 hours of sleep last night (which was my own fault) is coming back to haunt me now.

* In other "news" I watched the Hurricane Katrina: as it Happened DVD that Walgreens (and I am sure others) are selling. It has great footage, but the audio is not the best--in fact very bad. I guess I probably would not buy it again, but maybe. If you watch it, just turn off the volume...the pictures are amazing and trace the storm from its origin to its fateful path across teh Gulf Coast. There is no plot etc., just pictures-video from storm chasers.

* Hope all is well down there! Stay warm!!! (I already plotting a return!--got a $35 voucher from NWA for the delay. )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We'll save you a pair of Biloxi Reeboks!

(For the record, Biloxi Reeboks are those white (or sometimes black) rubber boots boots that the shrimpers wear in seafood factories. Now you seem them all the time with Katrina clean up. It was kind of a 40 year joke among the locals, but it became all too serious right after Katrina. I think everyone in the city has a pair of Biloxi reeboks now;)