Sunday, January 08, 2006

Of course the blog will continue

This is in response to a question I received as I was leaving Biloxi: Will the blog continue after you get back? (Yeah, you are correct, the person did not know me very well ;) )

Yes, I am back in Olean NY, but the blog will continue! In fact there are about 4 or 5 essays” on the past trip already written (waiting to be typed) and I have ideas for many others. So the “essays” will continue to appear for quite a while.

The purpose of the blog is at least three-fold.
  1. To keep people abreast of what is going on in the region
  2. To allow volunteers (past and present) to reflect on their time in the region
  3. To encourage others to help in recovery efforts.
This will be done in many ways. From essays, to news items from the region and links to cool articles, and there is the audio section of the BonaResponds website where I will be posting MP3 files of interviews. So if you know of an interesting story or a person to interview (even if it is you!), please let me know.

A final comment to all of the volunteers: thank you for helping. For as bad as it still is in the Gulf Coast region, can you imagine how much worse it would be without the thousands and thousands of volunteers who have helped? Me neither.

No comments: